In 1996 the doctor Peter D'Adamo published a paper on the influence of blood type on weight loss. As a result of the research, a nutritional system based on the genetic link between humans and their ancestors has emerged. Scientists are skeptical of this diet because of its severe restrictions. This diet is used by many weight loss people and has positive reviews.
The author of the technique believes that genetics affect the efficiency of the absorption of nutrients in the body. The theory is based on information about the lectins that all foods contain. These are proteins that glue red blood cells together. The body of a person with a certain blood type will only digest one type of lectin. In the event of a mismatch, useful elements accumulate in the stomach and intestines instead of assimilation. Metabolism is disturbed, which leads to obesity and the development of chronic diseases.
Peter D'Adamo put forward a hypothesis about the connection between blood group and evolutionary stages. The author of the nutritional method identified 4 groups of people:
- "Hunter"- appeared in Africa about 1000 years ago. They only ate animal protein, had the first blood group.
- "Farmers"- got the second group because they ate plant-based foods. It diversified the diet of the elderly with the advent of agriculture.
- "Nomads"- became the owner of the third group. After the domestication of animals, mankind began to eat dairy products.
- Mixed guy- these are people with group 4. They were created as a result of the union of farmers and nomads.
You can lose weight by blood type, but you cannot count on quick changes. The diet is based on strict food restrictions, so it is not suitable for all people. The long term weight loss system has been shown to have beneficial results in reducing dietary calories. At the same time, it is important to follow the principles of a healthy lifestyle - these are exercise, fractionated meals, and water balance.
The first results are noticeable after 2-3 months - 2-5 kilograms go. First the body gets used to a major change in diet, then digestion is regulated. Only then does the metabolism accelerate and excess fat is burned off. In addition to losing weight, the diet helps:
- cleanse the body of harmful substances;
- lower blood cholesterol;
- mood, improve skin color, normalize sleep;
- Eliminate disorders of the heart and blood vessels.
Anthropologists refute the connection between blood groups and human stages of development. It is proven that the first group did not appear 1 but 2. Distant ancestors were carriers of all kinds of blood long before the advent of agriculture. Immunologists say that only one gene determines blood type and it has nothing to do with digestion.
In 2014, scientists from America proved that diet prevents vascular and heart disease. The study found that this nutritional system improves medical indicators: it lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels. At the same time, weight loss has nothing to do with blood types. The study participants only lost weight as a result of dietary restrictions and regular exercise.
The diet is designed for a long period of time - 2-6 months. The menu is balanced in terms of the presence of the substances necessary for the body. During the diet, it is necessary to use approved foods and exclude prohibited ones. To get rid of the lack of trace elements and vitamins, it is recommended to use food additives. They are prescribed by a doctor after laboratory blood tests that will determine the absence of these substances.
In the world around 40% of the population have blood group 1. They need dietary supplements with iodine, manganese, calcium, vitamins K and B. Jogging, swimming or aerobics are preferred when exercising. Allowed products:
- Veal, lamb, turkey;
- Beef heart, liver;
- Hake, pike, halibut, mackerel, trout, cod;
- Olive and linseed oil;
- Cheese, beans, soy milk;
- Walnuts, pumpkin seeds;
- Apples, plums, cherry plums, figs, cherries;
- Pumpkin, spinach, beets, broccoli and kohlrabi, beets;
- hot spices, curry, parsley;
- Decoction of dandelion, rose hip, linden blossom.
On Earth, almost 39% of people have blood type 2. It is recommended that you take supplements containing chromium and selenium, vitamins E, B, and yoga. The diet is almost vegetarian, but you can eat 200-300g of chicken or turkey once a week. To lose weight, you need to control the daily amount of carbohydrates - no more than 150 g. Allowed food by blood type for "farmers":
- Carp, pikeperch, herring or salmon;
- Soy cheese, milk, oyster mushrooms;
- Olive or flaxseed oil;
- Buckwheat, mustard, rye, rice flour;
- Vegetables, in particular carrots, onions, broccoli, green salads, Jerusalem artichokes;
- Grapefruit, apple, lingonberry, lingonberry, cherry, lemon, pineapple;
- Coffee, green tea, hawthorn broth, chamomile, red wine.
15% of the world population has blood group 3. These people have the most abundant diet while dieting, but they are more likely to be overweight than others. You also need to take magnesium and lecithin, do yoga, swim, and run more. Allowed products:
- Veal, lamb, rabbit, game;
- Eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, cheese, yogurt, skimmed milk, kefir;
- Pikeperch, salmon, hake, sea bass, sturgeon, flounder;
- Poppy seeds, horseradish, legumes, curry, olive oil;
- Rice, oatmeal products, millet;
- Turnips, sweet potatoes, all kinds of cabbage, leafy vegetables, peppers;
- Grapes, coconut, cherry plums, apples, cranberries, plums, bananas, pineapples;
- Decoctions of parsley, rose hip and raspberry leaves, green tea.
The mixed group is only 6%. These types of people require intense physical activity - running, cycling, swimming. Zinc, selenium, B vitamins are recommended from food additives.
- Turkey, lamb, rabbit;
- Tuna, pike, trout, caviar, pikeperch, perch;
- Milk, products made from it with low and medium fat content;
- Walnuts, peanuts, olive oil;
- Horseradish, beans, curry, lentils, parsley;
- Beets, potatoes, cucumbers, peppers, cabbage, celery, parsnips;
- Cherry, kiwi, sweet cherry, gooseberry, grapefruit, lemon, fig;
- Decoctions made from chamomile and strawberry leaves, coffee or green tea.
Do not eat foods that do not match your blood type while on your diet. To lose weight, eliminate prohibited foods, eat often and in small portions. Exercise appropriate for your blood type.
If you have Group 1, you will have to go without food, which will affect digestion and slow your metabolism. Products harmful to "hunters":
- Lard, bacon, ham, pork, goose;
- Pistachios, lentils, peanuts, poppy seeds;
- Corn oil, cottonseed oil;
- smoked and pickled fish, caviar;
- Caffeine, soda, black tea, vodka, brandy;
- Cinnamon, ketchup, vanilla, cucumber, vinegar;
- Bread and flour products made from wheat, corn;
- Milk, cheese, kefir, yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, cream;
- Oranges, avocados, strawberries, melon;
- Mushrooms, rhubarb, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, olives.
A blood group 2 diet excludes foods from the diet:
- Meat, lard, heart, liver;
- marinated or smoked fish, seafood;
- Milk, sour cream, cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese;
- Butter, coconut, corn oil;
- Bread, pastry and pasta made from durum wheat;
- Mayonnaise, semolina, wine vinegar, ketchup, olives;
- Potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, cauliflower;
- Bananas, oranges, melons, coconuts, tangerines;
- Beer, coffee, black tea, sweet soda, cognac, liqueurs.
The diet of the 3rd group is characterized by a variety of diets. This can lead to overeating, so "nomads" have to limit the portions to 200-300 g.
- Chicken, pork, goose, duck, lard;
- Eel, crabs, salmon, caviar, algae;
- Ice cream, all kinds of oil except olive oil;
- Seeds, pine nuts, pistachios, peanuts, hazelnuts;
- Cereals, bread and products made from rye, wheat, buckwheat or corn flour;
- Cinnamon, mayonnaise, ketchup;
- Radish, potatoes, tomatoes, radish, pumpkin;
- Persimmons, olives, pomegranate, avocado;
- sweet soda, strong alcoholic drinks.
For mixed type
To shed those extra pounds, people with mixed blood should replace table salt with sea salt. Dietary restrictions:
- Duck, pork, chicken, goose, beef, offal;
- salted, smoked and pickled fish, squid;
- Milk, cream, processed cheese, ice cream;
- Hazelnuts, black beans, seeds;
- Oranges, pomegranates, persimmons, bananas, avocados;
- Radish, lettuce, radish, hot peppers, rhubarb;
- Butter, sunflower oil, margarine;
- Buckwheat and corn flour, groats;
- Ketchup, vinegar, cucumber;
- Cognac, vodka, black tea, sweet soda.
Pros and cons of the diet
Blood group nutrition is suitable for people who are ready to change their eating habits. Diet professionals:
- Gradual weight loss.
- Lack of strict prohibitions, variety and balance of diet through dietary supplements and vitamins.
- Improved health and mood.
- Forming correct views on nutrition.
- The presence of low-calorie foods on the menu.
Disadvantages of a weight loss system by blood group:
- The need for a major change in the usual diet.
- High cost of food supplements, dietary products, vitamins.
- There is a high risk of collapse due to prolonged dietary restriction.
- Difficulty changing eating habits. The problem is when a person is a vegetarian and is supposed to eat meat.
- The need for long-term adherence to a diet.
- Mandatory control of the digestive system and cholesterol levels.
- No guarantee of weight loss. The result of losing weight depends on the individual characteristics of the organism.
- The food system is hypothetical, has no scientific basis.
A major disadvantage of the diet is a large list of contraindications:
- chronic stomach diseases;
- Pregnancy and breast feeding period;
- Pathology of the heart or blood vessels;
- Blood diseases, diabetes, weak immunity;
- Exacerbation of infectious or viral diseases.