Pancreatitis is a complex disease associated with a malfunction of the pancreas. Along with drug treatment, diet 5 is recommended to the patient, which prohibits or restricts the use of a number of products that contribute to the exacerbation of the pathology. With the emergence of new forms of the disease, nutritionists continue to work on improving nutrition.
Advantages of the diet in pancreatitis
The pancreas produces enzymes that are released in the duodenum to help digest food. In pancreatitis, due to provoking factors such as alcohol abuse, exacerbation of cholelithiasis, drainage of pancreatic juice, enzymes do not begin to act directly on the gland, i. e. H. The self-digesting process begins.
The disease is characterized by acute pain in the area of the gland, accompanied by nausea and vomiting. Table 5 excludes foods that are difficult to digest to relieve the inflamed organ.
If the patient does not follow the diet, salty and fatty foods irritate the gastric mucosa and increase the acidity. Since the gland does not function fully, the food is poorly digested for a long time and the patient's well-being deteriorates.
Some patients suffer from a lack of tasty but unhealthy foods that cannot be completely ruled out once you've learned how to cook them properly.
The causes of the disease vary widely, but they are mainly associated with malnutrition: fasting, diet, fatty and spicy foods, poisoning, alcohol consumption and other inflammatory diseases - for example, gastritis, cirrhosis of the liver. Sometimes hormonal imbalances, infections, and hereditary factors all contribute to pancreatitis. Most often, the disease occurs in middle and old age, so at this time you need to carefully monitor your diet and avoid disease.
People at risk for this disease, as well as the sick, are forced to observe a number of dietary restrictions. Otherwise, the defective, inflamed gland will not be able to cope with the load, there will be a narrowing of the ducts and stagnation of the juice, the organ will begin to digest itself.
Disadvantages of diet in pancreatitis
The need to constantly monitor your diet and the ban on many foods can be psychologically distressing for the patient. With a different type of food from relatives, you need to cook separately, and any violation of the ban can lead to an exacerbation of the disease, which is manifested in abdominal pain, flatulence, belching, vomiting and diarrhea. Through regular use of prohibited foods, it is possible to develop a chronic form of pancreatitis that causes general illness, digestive problems, anemia, and weight loss.
pancreatitis food table
In addition to drug therapy, the most important part of treatment is adherence to a strict diet to avoid worsening the disease. Medication alone is not enough if the wrong food causes inflammation of the pancreas.
In the acute stage of the disease, a person must be hospitalized and not eat at all for several days under the supervision of doctors. In the chronic form of pancreatitis and in the remission stage, everything is aimed at reducing the burden on the organ, which means that all foods are light and dietetic. A lifelong diet is mandatory.
The products and menus given below are designed for the period of remission, as doctors closely monitor the diet of each patient in acute form and during termination. After the acute stage, the doctor advises in what quantities to start eating gradually.
How can the development of acute pancreatitis be prevented?
Gallstone disease is one of the main causes of acute pancreatitis. When you eat a lot of fatty foods and exercise little, excess cholesterol builds up in the blood, which is eliminated in the bile. When the bile produced by the liver contains too much cholesterol, stones form in the gallbladder. A balanced diet therefore helps to reduce the risk of developing gallstone disease and pancreatitis at the same time. If you want to lose weight, do it gradually. When you suddenly lose weight, your liver makes more cholesterol, which also increases your risk of gallstones.
In addition to dieting, smoking cessation, drinking small doses of alcohol or giving up, helps prevent pancreatitis.
Diet for chronic pancreatitis
Diet is one of the means of complex therapy of chronic pancreatitis and the prevention of its exacerbations, both in Russian and foreign practice. Dietary recommendations for chronic pancreatitis are given individually, taking into account the type and severity of the underlying disease and the presence of concomitant diseases. In the event that chronic pancreatitis worsens, use a thrifty diet No. 5p.
General rules of the "5th table" diet
Nutritionist and gastroenterologist M. I. was the developer of a diet complex for patients with various diseases. Pevzner, who outlined the list of allowed and prohibited foods for each disease.
The characteristics of the Pevzner diet "Table number 5" are as follows:
- Eating normal protein and carbohydrate foods
- Reduction or complete rejection (depending on the degree of pathology) of fatty foods.
- The use of boiling, braising, frying when cooking. Ingredients high in fiber should be grated or finely chopped.
- Prohibition of using cold foods (jelly, jelly, ice, etc. ).
- Avoid foods high in oxalic acid and purines.
- Moderate salt intake.
You have to eat in small portions 5 times a day. In the morning before breakfast it is recommended to drink a glass of water.
In chronic cholecystitis, the following food intake rules are observed:
- Eat at least five times a day at the same time to stimulate the flow of bile.
- Take more than 700 g of food a day - no more than 3. 5 kg.
- Drink approximately 2 liters of fluids per day (including lemon tea)
- Exclude foods that contain complex carbohydrates.
- Boil or steam food.
- Don't eat food that is too hot.
The 5p diet is a variation of Table 5 and is recommended for diseases of the gallbladder and pancreas.
Features of the diet:
- don't overeat or starve, eat by the hour;
- Do not use spices and spices when cooking.
- restricts simple fats;
- includes approved fruits and vegetables in the main diet;
- completely excludes fried foods.
After removal of the gallbladder
When removing the gallbladder, diet 5a must be followed, the characteristics of which are:
- Minimization of fat absorption;
- Chop ready meals (cut into small cubes, grate or grind in a blender);
- except mushrooms, fatty fish and meat, legumes from food;
- Ban on ready meals (mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, horseradish, adjika);
- eat cooked vegetables
pancreatitis food table
The diet gives clear guidelines on what to eat and what not. It is necessary to strictly adhere to the table of permitted and prohibited products without allowing indulgences.
The table of recommended foods and meals for exacerbation and chronic pancreatitis is as follows:
|Drinks||Tea, boiled rose hip, dried fruit compote, fruit drink, jelly, juice diluted with water|
|soup||Cabbage soup, borscht, milk, with muesli|
|Grits||Buckwheat, pearl barley, millet, oat flakes, muesli, oat flakes, boiled rice with small pieces of dried fruit|
|Meat and fish||Rabbit, lean pork, beef, chicken, turkey, hake, pollock, cod, salmon, pikeperch, seafood (oysters, clams, squid)|
|Bakery||Bran, wheat bread, rusks, unsweetened dry biscuits|
|Dairy||Low-fat sour cream, yogurt, yogurt|
|Vegetables||Potatoes, algae, tomatoes, asparagus beans, beets, carrots, pumpkin, zucchini|
|fruit||plums, watermelon, apples|
|oil||Creamy (no more than 15 g per day), vegetables (up to 20 g per day)|
|eggs||quail-2 pieces, chicken-1 half egg yolk per day|
|Snacks & Salads||Low-fat, lightly salted herring, pumpkin game, cooked vegetable salads, fruit salads, sauerkraut|
|Sauces and spices||Salt (limited), dill, parsley, vanillin, cinnamon|
|candy||Gingerbread, jam, jam, nougat, jam, lollipop, caramel without filling|
Fully or partially limited products
The table lists dishes and foods that are prohibited in the event of a malfunction of the pancreas:
|Drinks||Soda and lemonade, green tea, chicory, coffee, cocoa, alcohol (categorical)|
|soup||Ukha, mushroom, pea, bean, sorrel or spinach cabbage soup, okroshka|
|Meat and fish||Liver products, smoked meat, fatty fish and meat, crab sticks|
|Baked goods and pastries||Patties, rolls, donuts, pastries, cakes, pancakes, fresh bread|
|Dairy||Fatty sour cream, cottage cheese, fermented baked milk, kefir, cream, cheese|
|Vegetables||Onions, garlic, peppers, mushrooms, vegetables (except dill and parsley), cucumber, radishes, aubergines, corn|
|fruit||Orange, grapefruit, ginger as well as sunflower and pumpkin seeds|
|Grease and oil||Unrefined butter, ghee|
|Snacks||Sausages, olives, olives, pickled vegetables|
Some foods can only be consumed in small quantities and no more than twice a week. These include sausages, bananas, pomegranates, candied fruits, nuts and soy sauce.
Weekly menu of the pancreatitis diet
The weekly menu is compiled independently by the patient, taking into account the severity of the disease. Dishes should only be prepared with approved ingredients. Some people find it difficult to create a menu, so nutritionists recommend using an approximate menu and then tweaking it to your own preference.
|weekday||breakfast||2. Breakfast||lunch||afternoon snack||dinner|
|Monday||Oat flakes in water, bread with butter, tea with lemon||baked apple||Rice and egg soup, steamed fish cakes, mashed potatoes, fresh berry compote||yogurt, biscuits||Cottage cheese casserole, rosehip cook|
|Tuesday||semolina on water (use jam instead of sugar), tea||Fresh pear||Cabbage soup, steamed chicken schnitzel, boiled noodles||omelette||Casserole with chopped rice|
|Wednesday||Cottage cheese casserole with raisins, tea with lemon||Mandarin||Buckwheat soup, boiled beef with sour cream sauce, boiled carrot salad||semolina porridge with jam||Roast with beef or lean pork|
|Thursday||Steamed omelette, boiled beet salad, tea||banana||Borscht, pumpkin casserole with minced meat||Raw carrot salad with low-fat sour cream||Vinaigrette, baked chicken fillet|
|Friday||Cottage cheese pancakes with sour cream, tea||Baked apple||Pearl barley soup, fish cakes, buckwheat porridge||yogurt, diluted carrot juice||Fish baked with vegetables and sour cream, dried fruit compote|
|Saturday||Millet porridge on water, tea||watermelon||Noodle soup, beef balls with egg and sour cream sauce||Fat-free cottage cheese||Lazy cabbage rolls without tomato paste, fruit drink|
|Sunday||Hercules porridge, a slice of stale bread with jam, tea||banana||Cabbage soup, steamed chicken or beef patties||cherry dumplings||Vegetable stew, boiled chicken|
After an approximate menu has been created for a week, the attending physician must be made familiar with its contents, who can change it taking into account the complexity of the course of the disease.
How long on diet 5to eat
Diet No. 5 should be started gradually. If, within 5 days, the body normally perceives the dishes provided by the therapeutic diet, then the course is automatically extended for the period necessary for full recovery.
Diseases of the pancreas and gallbladder are characterized by long treatment times. The recommended diet must be adhered to throughout this period (approx. 1. 5 to 2 years). People who have had their gallbladder removed must stop eating prohibited foods forever.
With gastritis, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, the preparation of dishes by the deep-frying method must be excluded. The menu should contain cooked, stewed, or steamed food.
It is recommended that cooked food be wiped through a sieve or chopped with a knife. The food should not be hot or cold.
Recipes for dishes for the 5th table with pancreatic pancreatitis
Many people believe that the diet includes only lean, tasteless dishes, but this is not the case at all. With the permitted products, delicious and exotic dishes can be prepared, this requires little more effort and time.
Vegetarian vegetable soup
- zucchini - 1 kg;
- potatoes - 0. 5 kg;
- vegetable oil - 20 g;
- carrots - 1 pc. ;
- bay leaf;
- Place the carrots and bay leaves in boiling salted water and cook for half an hour.
- Strain the resulting broth and discard the carrots.
- Peel and core the zucchini, cut into small cubes and place in a pan with heated oil, fry on 2 sides for 5 minutes.
- Add finely chopped potatoes, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Dip the steamed vegetables in the broth and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Grind vegetables with a mixer.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley before serving.
- Beets - 2 pieces (large);
- cabbage - 0. 5 heads of cabbage;
- potatoes - 5 pieces;
- carrots - 1 pc. ;
- bay leaf;
- Heat some sunflower oil in a pan, add peeled and coarsely grated beets and let simmer until soft.
- Put a pot of water on the stove.
- When the liquid has boiled, add diced carrots, bay leaves and some salt.
- Cook the soup for about half an hour and then dispense.
- Add beets to the finished broth.
- Finely chop the cabbage and add to the pot.
- Peel and chop the vegetables and add the potatoes.
- Cook the borscht for about an hour.
- Add dill.
The soup can be slightly sweetened if desired.
Potato soup with oat flakes
To prepare you need:
- Chicken broth - 2 l;
- potatoes - 4 pieces;
- Hercules - 1 tbsp;
- Salt and herbs to taste.
- Pour finely chopped potatoes into boiling chicken broth.
- After boiling, let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add oatmeal, mix.
- Let the mixture simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped dill over the soup.
Boiled meat with young potatoes
- beef - 0. 5 kg (if the dish is prepared for children, it is better to use chicken);
- young potatoes - 1 kg;
- Boil the meat in one piece in salted water.
- Remove the beef and cut it into portions.
- Wash the young potatoes, fold the pan without peeling it, cover it with cold water and set it on fire.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain the water, peel the tubers and mash them.
- Sprinkle finely chopped dill (parsley) over the bowl.
- Put a portion of potatoes and a piece of meat on a plate.
- Pour melted butter over a bowl.
Cabbage rolls with rice and boiled meat
Composition of the courts:
- Cabbage - 1 head of cabbage;
- rice - 1 tbsp;
- boiled meat - 0, 5 kg;
- Immerse the head of cabbage in hot water for a few minutes.
- Disassemble it into inflorescences, chop off or cut off thick stems.
- For the filling, boil the rice, add finely chopped or minced meat, salt, mix everything.
- Wrap the resulting mass in cabbage leaves.
- Put the cabbage rolls in a deep saucepan, add water and simmer for 1-1. 5 hours.
- Sprinkle herbs over the finished dish.
Steamed meat cutlets with milk sauce
- For minced meat, chop 0. 5 kg of beef.
- Soak 2 slices of milk bread in milk and salt.
- Mix everything thoroughly, form schnitzel and steam.
- Put the schnitzel in a greased bowl.
- 2 st. l. Dissolve flour in 0. 5 tbsp. milk and set on fire.
- Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until it turns into thick sour cream.
- Pour the schnitzel with sauce and bake in a hot oven for 5-7 minutes.
Cooked fish with white sauce
- lean fish fillet - 0. 5 kg;
- flour - 2 tbsp. l. ;
- milk - 5 tbsp. ;
- egg - 1 pc. (better quail);
- butter - 10 g;
- salt, herbs.
- Boil the fish fillet in salted water until it is soft.
- Drain the water and cut the fish into portions.
- Mix flour with milk and cook until thick.
- Add melted butter and whisk everything together.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked fish and garnish with parsley and dill.
For cooking you need the following elements:
- fresh apples - 1 kg;
- potato starch - 1 tbsp. l. ;
- sugar to taste.
Prepare a dish like the following:
- Bake fruit in the oven, peel it and grind it with a mixer.
- Stir the starch and water in a deep bowl to avoid lumps.
- Place a saucepan on the fire, add 2 liters of water and pour in applesauce.
- When the mixture boils, pour the diluted starch in a thin stream, stirring the syrup constantly.
- Boil the syrup for 5-10 minutes and add sugar.
Sour milk jelly
- curdled milk - 2 tbsp;
- sugar - 120 g;
- Vanillin - pinch;
- gelatine - 15 g
- Soak gelatine for half an hour in cold water and then strain.
- Pour some water into a saucepan, add sugar and vanillin and let the mixture boil.
- Pour the swollen gelatin into the boiling water and wait, stirring constantly with a spoon, until it is completely dissolved.
- Let the syrup cool, mix with sour milk and pour into molds.
- Put the mixture in the cold to set.
This dish is suitable for a children's menu for gastrointestinal diseases.
carrot and apple salad
The dish is prepared as follows:
- Peel, wash and grate 2 carrots.
- Peel and finely chop the apples.
- Mix the ingredients, add salt and sugar to taste.
- Season with a little low-fat sour cream.
It is impossible to treat pancreatitis and other thyroid or gallbladder diseases with medication alone. In addition to therapeutic measures, nutrition must be observed. Taking into account all the recommendations of doctors, even the most advanced stages of the disease will go away in adults within 1. 5 to 2 years.
If a dish proposed by the nutritionist in the menu is perceived negatively by the body, you should immediately inform the doctor, who will adjust the diet taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient.